Every Florida driver is required to have an active auto insurance policy. This policy must meet certain state-required minimums. Failing to meet these standards could result in certain penalties. Florida is a no-fault state, so you need to have a policy that will pay for injuries or damages regardless of who is at fault.
Florida’s Minimum Auto Insurance Requirements
Florida residents are required to have minimum amounts for the following types of coverage:
• No-fault or personal injury protection (PIP) coverage
• Property damage liability (PDL) coverage
Personal injury protection will pay for any medical expenses or other liabilities that resulted in a loss of income because of an accident. It can cover your child or any other members of your household. It can also cover any passengers who have been injured because of an accident.
Property damage liability will cover any damage to someone else’s property if it has been caused by an accident in which you have been involved, and it can include any homes or buildings. Be sure to speak to an agent at Hamilton Fox & Company Inc. if you’re in the Pincecrest, FL area. We can help you find a policy that will meet these standards and we’ll make sure it fits within your budget.
Optional Coverage for Auto Insurance Policies in Florida
While there are certain state-required minimums, it may be advisable to purchase additional coverage, which can include extra dollar amounts for the required types of coverage according to Florida State Law. You can also purchase the following types of coverage:
• Comprehensive – Will pay for any damage that isn’t the result of an accident
• Collision – Will pay for any accident-related damages to your car
• Towing and labor – Could come in handy if you’re in an emergency situation
• Uninsured/underinsured motorist – Will pay for any damage that’s caused by a driver who doesn’t have auto insurance according to Florida State Law
• Rental car coverage – Will cover the cost of renting a car for a specified amount or period of time
If you’re thinking about adding these additional coverage options, you should get in touch with Hamilton Fox & Company Inc. We have been serving the people of Pincecrest, FL for a long time and we can help you get the coverage you need. Be sure to get in touch with someone at our office. We would be happy to sit down and discuss your insurance needs!